Dislocated shoulder/tricep pain

Q: I dislocated my shoulder for the 4th time now, and this time I have horrible pain in my tricep. No idea what it is??

Symptoms:  Shoulder injury

A:   Thank you for your question. Repeated dislocated shoulders can put you at risk of developing a rotator cuff tear. The rotator cuff a group of muscles, ligaments, and tendons which surround the shoulder joint and assist in its movement. The pain you are experiencing at present may be due to a tear of your rotator cuff. We recommend that you go to your doctor immediately to have this examined to determine if you in fact have sustained this type of injury. You may need to undergo an MRI of you rotator cuff to assist in determining if you have a rotator cuff tear.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com