Displaced Spiral Fractured Fibula

Patient : I had a spiral fractured fibula which was healing well. On week 5, I fell on the leg and now it is displaced about half the width of the bone. My doctor said to come back in two weeks and hopefully it wasn't too displaced to begin healing again otherwise I would need surgery. What are the chance that it will fix it self and how far displaced can a bone get before it won't repair itself?
Symptoms:  Spiral fracture fibula
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. A mild displacement such as this may not require further intervention for it to heal. What is important as that the fractured portion of the bones are still approximated to on one another to allow for adequate healing and bone regrowth. If your physician believes that if you follow your current rehabilitation regimen, then you will likely recover as planned. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com