Disturbance of period cycle

Patient

Q: HI I and my bf have sex on 23 jan and i have taken i-pill on same day but after that i got period on 31th jan then after on 15th feb then 1st march and then 17th march but my period cycle was of 30 days before we have sex so can u tell me why i am getting period so fast and how long it will it to come in normal cycle..is anything to worried??

Symptoms:  Pain in back and body ache
Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Your periods are definitely very irregular and the cycle duration is only 15-20 days compared to 30 days which was before.
This is not related to intercourse in any way.
You need to get your hormone levels checked especially Serum FSH/LH, Progesterone and Oestrogen. It seems to be a minor problem because of temporary hormonal imbalance. It could have been initiated by the i-pill you took.

Please get the detailed evaluation of hormones and the treatment will be based on the findings. A course of Duphaston helps in regularizing the cycles.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.