Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Disturbing recurring nightmare.

Disturbing recurring nightmare.

Patient: I keep having a reoccurring nightmare that is affecting me being able to sleep at all and also my emotional patterns through the day. I’ve taken all the advice I found on the internet and was looking to see if someone knew what to do about this because it is a very specific and disturbing nightmare.

Symptoms: Sleepy but too scared to sleep, tired and headaches during the day, frustrated and cranky.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for using “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Troublesome nightmares are a frequent complaint and c an occur due to stressful life. Reducing stress can help in improving the frequency of such nightmares. Stress can be reduced by meditation or yoga or aerobic exercise or inculcating a hobby. Further among the medications trazodone is a good drug which will improve the sleep architecture and may reduce the nightmares as well.Do follow the mentioned advice and meet your doctor to get the medicines prescribed.Hope this helps,Wish you a good health.