x
Browse
179 Physicians Online

Question:

Dizziness When Bending Down

I have been experiencing lightheadedness and an echoing in my ear when I bend to pick something up and when I turn too fast. I thought it my be allergies so I took an allergy pill doesn't seem to be working.

Answer:

Your symptoms suggest a condition called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).
Symptoms are initiated by a change in head position and are of a short duration. BPPV is one of the most common cause of dizziness. Diagnosis can be readily confirmed by a doctor, after a thorough history and complete examination. Treatment options include the use of in-office maneuvers, which you can learn to do at home, as well various drugs with surgery being a last resort.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA