161 Physicians Online

DNA Drug Test for Antidepressants and Sedatives

Hello. According to side effects (which I still have) and health condition I have some doubts that I was drugged with antidepressant sedatives ( like Escitalopram cipralex ) . What tests can be done to check it? Is it possible to discover after a few months ? I heard about the DNA test ? Thank You

The level of these medication can be analysed by both a toxicology screening test and DNA Drug Sensitivity test. If the test is used as a drug screen, it must be done during a certain time period after the drug has been taken or while forms of the drug can still be detected in the body. DNA Drug Sensitivity Testing is available for certain medications for which you may need to speak with the lab performing these tests. Available tests are CYP2D6, CYP2C19, CYP1A2 and 5HTT. I hope this helps, take care.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA