Do Abortions cause cancer?

Q: Hello,

I've read various articles on abortions causing ovarian cancer, but have consulted a doctor and she has said that there is not proof that it does. I have a good friend and he is in a horrible relationship with his ex. He wants to move on, but he believes that he is the cause of her cancer (if she even has cancer). Basically they're in a long distance relationship. He may or may not have impregnated her (she slept around at that time but he refuses to see it any other way); they got an abortion... she refused to tell him she was pregnant for months and when he found out he urged her to get an abortion... she was confused, sad and refused (understandable). After 4 months, they both went to Poland to get an abortion illegally. She apparently contracted cancer from the abortion. He believes that it is his fault that he caused her cancer. He believes it is fatal.... he wants to move on, but continues to message her, is suicidal and constantly depressed.

My questions is do you think abortions can cause ovarian cancer?

Is so/not, why?

Can you direct me to some literature?

A comment at the bottom of this article cites literature that concludes that there is no evidence to suggest that abortions cause ovarian cancer. Apparently the main article was using the information incorrectly :

Please, I need help and and advice.