x
192 Physicians Online

Question:

Do I Get Pregnant If I had Sex 3 Days before Ovulation?

Hello, I had an unprotected sex with my partner 3 days before I ovulated. What are the chances that I might be pregnant if I still ovulated? Thank you and regards J

Answer:

The chances of pregnancy usually depend on where you are in relation to your period. There is a high chance of getting pregnant if you've had unprotected sex either 3 days before or after ovulation. Though there are other factors that matter too, like the longevity of the sperm and it's not always certain that you would ovulate on the same particular day.
The only way to be certain of pregnancy is to do a urine test the day you miss your periods or after two weeks since the act.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.