Do I have a fish allergy?

Patient

Q: I've never eaten any kind of fish before. I recently discovered I like grilled salmon. However whenever I eat grilled salmon I get stomach pains with an hour. They go away with no help within another hour or two. Does this mean I have an allergy and should stop eating or is my digestive system just getting used to the new food?

Symptoms:  stomach pain
Doctor

A:   Your symptoms could be due to intolerance to this particular type of fish. However, you may try having other varieties of fish or sea food, but with caution. In case you are apprehensive, visit an Allergy specialist, to test your sensitivity for various types of seafood including different varieties of fish.