Do I have a pinched nerve and should I see a doctor?

Q: A week ago I turned to get out of my chair and my left lower backside had a twinge. I thought it would go away, but it is now over a week later and a sharp constant pain has spread all the way down my left leg. I get pins and needles in my left foot. I struggle to sit comfortably and there is an ache in my left calf, so I have to limp slightly when I walk. I've been taking ibuprofen, but even that doesn't really work. I'm a dancer practitioner and I need to go into rehearsals for a new show next week. Should I cancel this job? See a doctor? What is the best approach? I thought the pain would go away, but it hasn't.

Symptoms:  from left upper thigh (just under bum) to calf in intense, fairly constant pain.
Pins and needles in left foot
Sitting down is painful
limping when I walk due to weak/sore left calf