Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Do i have a surgical infection? I am 16 days

Do i have a surgical infection? I am 16 days

Patient: Do i have a surgical infection? I am 16 days post op from open reduction internal fixation and i have 1 section about half an inch of the incision that is very discolored, like a mixture of red and yellow. Looks like there is fluid under the surface, almost like a scab instead of normal skin like the rest of the incision.

Symptoms: Discoloration swelling

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your history and concerns.The discoloration and skin changes at the incision site are defin itely indicative that something is not alright and since you have undergone a surgery of the implant. Consult your Surgeon immediately to contain off the problem at the earliest.This is to be taken as surgical infection unless proved otherwise.Hope this helps you.