Do I have a UTI, yeast infection, or STI?

Q: Do I have a yeast infection or a UTI? I am a 18 year old female and I am sexually active. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the outside of my vagina felt like there were cuts around them. After a couple days of that, it began to hurt really bad during intercourse so I stopped. Around the time, my vagina was itching so I thought it was a yeast infection, so I applied my sisters cream. After a couple days off applying the cream, the itching stopped but the pain did not. Now I am experiencing discharge that smells and is sticky to the point where when I took off my underwear, along came a piece of flesh with it. My whole vagina is sore at the moment and sometimes the pain is unbearable when urinating. About 2 days ago I started taking Amocillian left over from my boyfriends root canal. I took the antibiotic because google search results say that, that specific antibiotic worked for them. I am here hoping someone can diagnose my problem for me. Any help is appreciated. - Tiffany

Symptoms:  Fatigue, sore vagina, smelly and sticky discharge, burning when urinating

A:   Self treatment for medical conditions is risky. Your symptoms are similar to that of mixed infection and a physician consultation will be highly beneficial for you. Infection of the vagina or vaginitis, as it is called may caused by bacteria, protozoa or fungi. Some infections cause profuse discharge through vagina, often foul smelling ones. This may be very embarrassing. Treatment may be offered in the form of vaginal pellets, or especially for the virgins, oral medicines. These kill the disease causing microbes. Vaginal fluid may also be examined under the microscope to identify the possible offenders (pathogens). Please see your family physician for diagnosis and treatment of your condition who may refer you to a dermatologist, if required.