Do I have a yeast infection? My vulva or inner

Patient: Do I have a yeast infection? My vulva or inner area of my vagina itch occasionally and I also have an almost milky white yellowish discharge. I know yeast infections have a chunky white discharge, but can it also become yellowish from exposure to the air? I just would like to know. Thank you.

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Yes, white discharg e due to yeast infection can be turn yellow due to exposure to air or it can be superimposed with bacterial infection.So you should consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and vaginal swab culture test done to rule out the causative organism.For yeast infection you can use antifungal treatment and vaginal suppository( antifungal) and keep the area dry and clean, wear loose fitting cotton undergarments.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more information.Good luck.Regards