Do I have a yeast infection? My vulva or inner


Q: Do I have a yeast infection? My vulva or inner area of my vagina itch occasionally and I also have an almost milky white yellowish discharge. I know yeast infections have a chunky white discharge, but can it also become yellowish from exposure to the air? I just would like to know. Thank you.


A:   Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
Yes, white discharge due to yeast infection can be turn yellow due to exposure to air or it can be superimposed with bacterial infection.
So you should consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and vaginal swab culture test done to rule out the causative organism.
For yeast infection you can use antifungal treatment and vaginal suppository( antifungal) and keep the area dry and clean, wear loose fitting cotton undergarments.
Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more information.

Good luck.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi Dr, I have 3 little bumps just below my belt line and one in my pubic area, can i send you pictures?

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...

Q: Hi, i live in guyana , about two year ago i found out i have hrdorcephalus and at that time i was 20 years old, howev...

Q: Hi. This is more of a psychologist question that I would like help with. I have this friend that I'm really obsesse...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon