Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Do I have a yeast Infection or something else?

Do I have a yeast Infection or something else?

Patient: I’m not sure what exactly I have. Every now and then I get these red dots on the head of my penis. I am uncircumcised and this mostly happens when I don’t shower after working out or for a whole day. Ex. Today I had baseball and didn’t shower after all day that night I took this picture with these new red spots. I think its bacterial but really don’t know and don’t know what to do about it. I’m nervous to go see a doctor and want to try and fix it myself first. I am also worried it might be an std. Please just give me some insight on what I should do or what it might be.

Symptoms: Red dots on tip of penis

Do I have a yeast Infection...-1

Doctor: It is possible that you may be developing a bacterial infection of the glans penis called balanitis. This can be caused by a sexually transmitted infection such as gonorrhoea or chlamydia. These red lesions could also have a viral etiology such as herpes. It is important that you promptly have these examined by your doctor to determine the exact cause and start treatment promptly.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com