Do I have ADD or ADHD?

Q: Hi, I am a 21 year old girl and I am starting to wonder if I have got ADD or ADHD. My mum has always said that she is almost sure that she and her siblings have a light version of it, and I took an internet test and scored quite high on that. Some close family members have also been addicted to alcohol or just drinks a lot.

My symptoms which matched with some tests I took are

1. Always have to move my fingers or scratch my fingers against my face until the point where I sometimes start bleeding, or I have to kick my feet whilst sitting or doing homework and such. I feel restless a lot of the time. But I'm not particularly active, I just have to go out jogging at least twice a week, if not I will often get anxious or something.

2. I'm always late for school and appointments

3. I have big trouble getting up in the morning

4. I have the tendency to get addicted to things like coffee and alcohol easily

5. I've always had bad handwriting

6. I'm very easily distracted and often have trouble concentrating on reading and such

7. I feel that I am smart but that I have more trouble than many others to concentrate properly during tests or group assignments, my brain goes 'blank' under pressure easily.

8. When I was in elementary school I often got in trouble because I would either start fights with the boys or I'd just talk a lot during class and always trying to make people laugh.

9. I interrupt people a lot, and feel selfish but can't stop doing it.

10. I've always been a so called 'tom-boy'

11. I either speak a lot or, more frequently, don't say much at all and sometimes feel that I can't come up with things to say in social situations.

12. I have never had a long-term relationship, I tend to try and avoid people getting too close to me.

13. I am often anxious for no reason or sometimes I get depressed because I feel like it's boring when I'm not in a particular mood (happy or sad), i.e. when I'm sort of neutral I get depressed.

14. Lastly I am very emotional, but I'm usually good at hiding my emotions.