Do I have adult ADD?

Q: Ive lost the ability to finish things, I cant focus like I use to. when I came home from Iraq went to college and failed out! ive never failed at anything before and the will to go try again is just gone. my wife things ive got ADD but I don't kmow is it that im just getting old? don't know what to do

Symptoms:  I did in the story I just wrote

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
The ADD doesnt start out of blue in adulthood. Mostly its the childhood ADHD with persists in adult hood as well and then known as adult ADD. Many times people are diagnosed for the first time in adulthood. If you had any such symptoms during childhood as well then this diagnosis can be considered. Otherwise it could be a depression which can cause similar symptoms. If its a depression then medicines such as escitalopram or mirtazapine or fluoxetine can be considered.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!