Do I have an allergy or an infection?

Patient : There is an area on my wrist that has small red and purple bumps that are dry and scabbing. It's itchy and sometimes I will get needle like pains in it. It's been there for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. It appeared after I got beef blood inside a pair of non latex gloves and within 15 mins the rash appeared. Is this an allergy or an infection? Also, I am a meat clerk who deals with a lot of raw beef, pork, and poultry.
Symptoms:  Dry red and purple bumps on my right wrist. Itchy with some need-like pains.