Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Do I have dermographism or scabies? I have raised lines

Do I have dermographism or scabies? I have raised lines

Patient: Do I have dermographism or scabies? I have raised lines all over my body that are extremely itchy. I have found that the lines appear before I scratch and I have also found some “bite-like” marks.

Do I have dermographism or ...-1

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It looks like Hives from the picture. Hives is an allergic reaction of the body to scrat ching of the skin or some other allergen or stimuli. You can try taking tablet Levocet once a day for 3 days to help you.If this does not help you after 3 days, please see a Doctor and get the lesion examined. Hope this helps you. All the best.