Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Do I have IBS? I poop once every 3 to five

Do I have IBS? I poop once every 3 to five

Patient: Do I have IBS?I poop once every 3 to five days and I’m bloated everyday. I’m 5″1 and 106 pounds. I’m small in size but my stomach looks like I’m pregnate. I’m small in the morning then I have a small cup of water and my stomach bloated twice as big and the bloating never goes away until the next day. It just get bigger and bigger the more I drink and eat. 18 female

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Yes, you do have symptoms of IBS, an d you need to avoid food items like dairy products, broccoli, cabbage, chocolate, peanuts, e.t.cYou can take simethicone for relief. Also, take small frequent meals.Hope this was helpful,Regards