Do i have kidney prob ?

Patient

Q: Hi my microalbumin is 58 is it ok ? or do I have kidney prob

Symptoms:  Caughing
Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting ATD.

Microalbuminuria is defined as excretion of between 30 mg and 300 mg of albumin a day in the urine. Most of the times, patients with diabetes may tend to develop microalbuminuria. In patients with significant proteinuria, important objectives of therapy to delay the progression of CKD are to optimise blood pressure control and reduce proteinuria. As your lab value is significantly elevated, consult a Nephrologist for further advice and treatment.

Have a nice day.