Do I have Low T Levels???

Patient : I am a 28 year old male. My T count came back at 288. Im always rundown and tired, have a low sex drive, and was just diagnosed with Gynecomastia, I think this is from Low T or out of wack hormones. My Doc says my T count is in the normal range. She said Normal is from 170 or so to 700. Everyting else I have read says the normal rage is from 300 to 1000. Since Im only 28 shouldnt my count be higher? I asked if the normal range was for my age group and she said no there are no age groups, everyone is in the same group. There for, I dont think this range would be very accurate or fair that a 28 year old male is in the same group as an 80 year old man. A 28 year old male should definitely have a higher count than someone who would be in there 50 or older. Also even if I am in the average range Im pretty close to the low part of that than the higher part. Also, my father was diagnosed with low testosterone 5 years ago or so and is on testosterone gel. Any help or suggestions?
Doctor :   Testosterone fluctuates considerably even from day to day. Stress, lack of sleep and many other daily activities of life can also affect testosterone levels. Levels may peak in the morning and then steadily decline until late evening. Usually most labs have a normal reference range 240 to 827 ng/dl, however different labs may show different results. T levels do vary with age, but fall within the above reference range. Although your T level may fall within the normal reference range, you may have symptoms if your body is unable to function normally at those levels. You may then, need treatment for the control of symptoms and to improve quality of life. Thus if you feel normal with no obvious symptoms or any effects on quality of life, that particular level of testosterone may be normal for you, and may not need correction. Normal T levels may vary for each individual. As you have mentioned feeling rundown, tired and low sex drive, gynecomastia, you may discuss these symptoms with your doctor for treatment. If symptoms do not improve, reference to a specialist, an endocrinologist, if possible would help further evaluation and diagnosis of the condition.