Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Do I have Osteochondrtis Dissecans

Do I have Osteochondrtis Dissecans

Patient: My leg does not hurt whatsoever but a piece of my bone came loose and is floating far away from where it came off in my knee. I got an MRI done one day ago but the doctor has not called me back. Do I have OCD?

Symptoms: Small Bone Lump located at right side at top of knee, came from the bottom of knee, NO PAIN

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD. I don’t think you have Osteochondrtis Dissecans as it is very rare dise ase and it occurs in adolescent. It may be simply loose body in the knee which are relatively common. If confirmed by MRI, it can be removed by open or arthroscopic surgery.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.