Do I have to be on period to get implant?

Q: Do I have to be on my period to get the Implant?

A:   A subdermal contraceptive implantis generally inserted on the first 5 days of your period. This is done for two reasons- firstly to ensure that there is no chance of an accidental insertion during pregnancy and secondly to provide immediate birth protection benefits. If a woman receives an implant outside the first five days of her period, she should wait to have sex or use a backup method of contraception (such as a condom, female condom, diaphragm, sponge, or emergency contraception) for the following week after insertion to prevent pregnancy.
So if you are certain that there is no chance that you could be pregnant and if you are willing to use an additional contraceptive for the first seven days, you should be able to receive the implant at anytime of your cycle.