Do I have UTI or is this something else?


Q: Do I have UTI or can Chlamydia recur?

I'm a sexually active male aged 34. I'm very loyal to my wife, and she is to me. Back around 8 years ago, I was infected with chlamydia, but got treated for it. I am experiencing a mild burning sensation right before and while peeing, but only slightly after. Unlike when I got chlamydia before, right now there is no discharge.

Symptoms:  Symptoms: frequent urination, mild burning sensation while peeing, pain in my lower right back side or under the rib area. No discharge.

A:   Thanks for your question.

I guess it may be a cystitis (UTI), rather than a chlamydia infection. More so because it is not associated with any discharge. You need to go for C/S of urine.

Hope it helps. Wish you good health.

Related Q&A

Q: Hello. I am a 41 y/o woman and have been on yasmin for 8 years. A few months ago i had abnormal discharge and bleedin...

Q: I suffer from recurring UTIs. Tried Nitrofurantoin. Didn't work. Currently on Bactrim -- I am at the beginning of ...

Q: My partner and I have both been tested for gonorrhea. Her test came back positive and mine negative. She said her doc...

Q: Hi- I had a uti, Dr prescribed Bactrim DS 800- (I had awful response- thyroid was swollen,terrible pain in vagina) ...

Q: Hi, I am 39 years old (F), and was doing some moderate house work yesterday. I awoke with a tugging sensation in my b...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon