Do i need antibiotic or can i fight this off worried

Patient: I just fought off c diff for many months and it is gone. This week I developed fever (100-101) A bad cough and somewhat of a upper respitory congesting. I had wheezing and started taking qvar to help it. I went to the hospital and had blood work. everything including my white blood cell count was normal except LYmphocye was low 13.90 monocyte was high 7.90 neutrophil was high too at 75. I feel horrible. I don’t want to take an antibiotic because I am afraid c diff would come back. Does this blood work show I need an antibiotic.

Symptoms: Coughing chills congestion fever

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.No. your blood work does not suggests any infection.So you should avoid taking antibiotic.I advise following in such scenario:1. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetrizine.2. To take a Bronchodilator syrup containing Ambroxol and Terbutaline.3. If you have severe spasm you might require nebulization with salbutamol.4. Take Paracetamol for fever.5. Do steam inhalation at least 4-5 times a day.You will get better with these measures only.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.Stay Healthy.