Do I need crutches I am a gymnast and I

Patient

Q: Do I need crutches I am a gymnast and I hurt my knee. I hurts so bad.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to ATD.

Not putting weight on the knee will help you recover quicker. You can do RICE therapy to help you with the knee problem. RICE stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation.
Rest the knee. Stop the gymming and also, do not put too much weight on it
Ice the knee for 15 minutes every hour to reduce the swelling
Compress the knee by using a crepe bandage to reduce the swelling
Elevate the knee by placing it on top ­of 2 pillows to help reduce the swelling.

Hope this helps you.