Do I need medication for PCOD and Hypothyroidism?

Patient

Q: HI, I am 25 year old, Unmarried, Weight: 54 kg. I have hypothyroidism, under medication(Thyronorm) since 2008. Also, the report says "Impression of PCOD" I have irregular periods. Sometimes doesnt get for an year, unless medicine Primolut N taken.. What can be done to get it regularize without medicine.

Doctor

A:   Both hypothyroidism and PCOD can cause a delay in the menstrual periods. Unless these conditions are under control, there is no easy way to regularise your periods. Oral contraceptive pills are often prescribed in women with PCOD to regularize menstruation. I can’t tell whether your period would become regular without medication, but it looks that you are on the right path and I strongly suggest that you to comply with your medications. I wish you the best.