Patient :Hi Doc. I have had should pain for 6 years following a snowboarding fall. This has been treated with anti-inflammatories, cortisone shots and physical therapy. Problems persist. I finally had and MRI which reveals:
1. Anterior labral tearing extending from superior to inferior.
2. Mild tendinopathy of the intrarticular cieps tendon at the pulley.
3. Mild tendinopathy of the supraspinatus and subscapularis tendons without tear.
4. Moderately laterally downsoping, type 2 acromion causes mild encroachment upon the cuff.
5. Small amount of subacromial, subdeltoid fluid without evidence of contrast extension into the bursa.
Do I need surgery?
Symptoms: Shoulder pain and decreased range of motion.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.