Do I need to buy protein supplements in order to weight training to be most effective?

Patient

Q: Hello, Im starting to do weights training. I want to put on some more muscle but not a body builders amount of muscle. I eat healthy everyday, but should i be taking a protein powder or supplement of some kind before and or after training to repair the muscle? or will proper diet be just fine? Maybe should i eat more high protein foods around the time of exercise? They are expensive and only want to buy them if i need to. Thanks for the help!

Doctor

A:    You could take Whey, which is a source of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), these  are used to fuel working muscles and stimulate protein synthesis, these shakes along with a healthy and consistent exercise routine can render you awesome results at the end. But also keep in mind that Whey protein is from milk, although whey protein is a natural substance in food, it is not 100 percent risk-free. There are some minor side effects of whey protein. In addition, whey protein contains a number of unrefined forms of lactose a higher level. Therefore, the product may lead to the person who is allergic to dairy products and whose lactose intolerance is a negative response.