Do I need to start a new pack or take my placebo when i get my period on third week

Patient

Q: I have been taking Tri Sprintec for over a year now and in the last few months have forgotten a pill or two here and there. Last month I started my period on week three and decided to skip the placebo and start a new pack on the sunday so that I could regulate myself again. This month I see that during week three again I look as though I will be starting in the next day or two and would like to know should I go ahead and take the placebo pill or start a new pack? I would like to regulate it again; however, also dont want to change my cycle too much,..maybe just by a few days 3-4 so that when I visit my boyfriend in April I will not be ovulating in case my pill hasnt regualted that..and if I get back onto my schedule I will be having my period during our visit. How should I handle this?

Doctor