Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Do I treat at home or go to a doctor?

Do I treat at home or go to a doctor?

Patient: I have an achy body , Chills, i can’t seem to get warm from , i have continuous sinus drainage but zero fever. is this flu symptoms or something elsze.

Doctor: Your complaints of chills and body pains along with running nose without any fever usually suggest viral infection. Few viral infections rarely do not develop fever, though they manifest with chills and rigors. Another option could be allergy, but can be ruled out as you are complaining of body pains, which is usually not seen in allergies. I advise you to visit a doctor and get complete blood picture done to get treated further. It is not advisable to stay at home with home remedies. You don’t require inpatient treatment, but doctor prescription helps you a lot.