Do Thyroid problems affect to get pregnant?

Q: I am 25 years old married woman and recently I went through a Thyroid Profile Test. In that test result, my TSH level is high (47.20 uIU per ml) and free T4 level is low (0.60 ng per dl). Sooner I consult a doctor and he prescribed me EUTROXSIG 50 microgram tablets and advice me to take 1 tablet every morning and go through a thyroid profile test again after 1 month. This is the 3rd week I am using this tablet and the couple of problems are frustrating me

According to my doctor s word, I have to take this tablet through out my life time and I just want to know from you whether this thyroid problem will affect to getting pregnant. I mean, am I in a risk of not getting pregnant or getting an abnormal baby birth. I am really worried about this and please be kind enough to clarify this for me.