Do you think she is pregnant?

Q: I was wondering if you could tell me the probability that my girlfriend is pregnant.
We see each other about every 2 weeks and are sexually active, without condoms, but with the aid of birth control (taken routinely).

She did forget to use the placebo period regulating pills of the birth control (not the birth control itself), and for that reason she missed her period but she takes them now and should be having it soon. Is it possible that this mistake is causing a later/different period cycle and it is not pregnancy?

I also pulled out, but she is showing some strange symptoms such as missed period, spotting, cramps, lower back pain, slight fever, and a few strange cravings (pickles and steak).

We are both concerned and are going to take a test soon but I would like a professional opinion.

Symptoms:  Cramping, slight fever, spotting, few cravings, lower back pain