Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Doc,i had unprotected sex 2-3 weeks agoi had pill within

Doc,i had unprotected sex 2-3 weeks agoi had pill within

Patient: Doc,i had unprotected sex 2-3 weeks ago.i had pill within 72 hours..my periods were due on 3 march but till now i have not got my periods..please help

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you have taken an emergency pill within 72 hours, the po ssibility of pregnancy is less.Usually after taking emergency pill withdrawal bleeding can occur in one week to ten days.But as you do not get withdrawal bleeding even after two to three weeks, better to go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, as emergency pill is having 5 to 10% failure rate.Take care