Doctor i am suffering from diabetes sugar level cross 300

Patient

Q: Doctor i am suffering from diabetes sugar level cross 300 fasting and after meals 320.Hb1ac 11.0.can you pls suggest any medicine .i am from delhi india

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

The most important value here is that of the HBA1c. 11.0 indicates extremely poor control over the last 3 months, and this significantly increases chances of late organ complications and microvascular disease.

You need to modify your lifestyle, avoiding all forms of sweets, ghee, dairy products, cheese, etc
More importantly, you need to exercise daily for at least 45 minutes- 1 hour. Brisk walking is what is recommended in your age group.

Since you have not been able to control sugar, it is better you discuss with your physician and start insulin therapy. The number of units can be fixed based on your sugar levels. Additionally, oral hypoglycemic agents like Metformin 500 mg twice daily can be continued as of now.

Hope this was helpful.