Doctor I have suspected sciatica but it is not yet

Patient

Q: Doctor I have suspected sciatica but it is not yet fully diagnosed. I have pain in my lower back where my rib cage appears to be convex on the lower left hand side and concave on the lower right hand side. My partner says that it feels like a large muscle covering the left hand side (for all we know it could be a growth!).Along side the back pain which I thought was about the position of my kidneys but apparently is lower, I experience pain and discomfort in my hips, primarily the left and the groin area which has now (in the last two months) progressed to cause lack of feeling in my penis and the inability to get an erection as and when I want (which was never a problem), although I do get hard at times during the days but not usually when my partner would like! Along side the back, hip and groin pain is the worst symptom; I get hot pins and needles down the outer left side of my thigh and sometimes the back of my thigh up to where my buttocks start. This is usually associated with numbness which sometimes causes my whole leg to feel no longer part of my body and my foot flops around like it has a will of its own and cant be stood on. Please help. i was buying and using Gabapentin and Pregabalin off the streets (900ml a day) a doctor at my surgery would only give me Naproxen and Paracetamol, which I had used, without effect (which I told him) for eighteen months some three years earlier whilst in prison. One doctor did suggest and prescribe Tramadol (400ml daily) but then the next time the first doctor would not continue prescribing due to my being on a 70ml maintainence course of Methadone! I have no intention of coming off the Meth. so what was the problem? Please, what is your diagnosis and what meds are suitable for my pain? The Tramadol,Pregabs. and Gabapentin all did wonders but this so called doctor refuses me relief.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having lumbar spondylosis with compressive neuropathy. It can be confirmed by MRI of the lumbar spine. Medicines you are taking are ok. You can tramadol, gabapentin and Mecobalamin after prescription from your doctor as these are prescription medications. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.