Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Doctor, I just had a circumcision operation last Saturday

Doctor, I just had a circumcision operation last Saturday

Patient: Doctor, I just had a circumcision operation last Saturday midnight (5days ago). Today it is still red and wet and when I wake up there are caked blood at my leg. Is it normal?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.From your description, you have unde rgone circumcision 5 days back but after that you are feeling wetness and the surgical site is appearing red. That is common after circumcision surgery. It will take 3 weeks to one month for the complete reduction of wetness and redness to occur. As you are seeing caked blood it means that after surgery your inner thighs were not cleaned properly.However, if it was cleaned, it means that you are having minimal post-op bleeding and you are seeing clotted blood. Kindly go to your operating surgeon for a review.If there is no evidence of postoperative bleeding, there is no need to worry. You can apply Mupirocin ointment locally for relief after discussing with your surgeon.However, if there is some ooze from some vessel Inj.Tranexamic acid or Tab. Tranexamic acid can be used to control bleeding or cauterization or ligation of bleeder under local anaesthesia can also be tried as per surgeon’s advice.Hope the consultation was beneficialRegards