Doctor, I've had stomach issues present for about 6 months

Q: Doctor,
I've had stomach issues present for about 6 months. My symptoms include; severe cramping at night, followed by vomitting and 3-5 loose stools every morning. I also feel weak and dehydrated, despite eating and drinking healthy amounts of good food and plenty of water. My primary care doc ran testing, blood work, ultrasound and ct scan. There was no findings of abnormalities. I have signs of endometriosis, history of VRE UTIs and Intersticial Cystitis. My father and aunt both have ulcerative colitis. I'm being treated for endometriosis and cysts but not for stomach issues. I am concerned over the amount of loose stools and random severe pain followed by vommiting, plus chronic nausea. My MD didn't feel that colitis is likely due to lack of evidence from his testing. Any thoughts?!

A:   Hi.
Read and understood your history of severe stomach cramps in the night and the vomiting and loose stool daily morning, known case of endometriosis, VRE UTIs and Interstitial Cystitis. There is family history of ulcerative colitis in Father and Aunt.

You have already undergone the tests of blood work, ultrasound and ct scan, which turned out to be normal.
The most important test of Colonoscopy has not been done.
This would help us to get a most probable diagnosis as well as to have Upper GI endoscopy to find out any co-existing problems hence we can start on appropriate treatment.
Please discuss with your MD and get this done or get a reference for a Gastroenterologist for clinical evaluation, examination and further tests and treatment.

Hope this helps you.