Patient : Hello i think i may have a problem with my penis i am currently 15 years old and i had sexual intercourse just well over a year ago, ever since I've been battling to try and find out what the problem is alone, i was partly successful as i got tested for chlamydia, Gonorrhea and HIV(AIDS), but i still have some unusual symptoms appearing, i don't know if they are an STD or just something else, this is why i need your help, i have been inspecting my penis over the year and i have seen different variates of things appear and go, as of now there is a couple small but visible white spots on the outside of my penis, then when i roll my foreskin back there is some red marks, and maybe some tiny spots?, they usually come and go but I'm not sure if they're really a major problem, also sometimes little red marks on the skin with a white spot appear to cover the red mark, the spot is only tiny, but I'm still worried, i would also like to ask if there is still hope for me as i have waited a year?, as i thought nothing of it only i know about this and at 15 its pretty scary, so do you think it would be the right idea to speak to my mother about it? because i need someone to talk to and the doctors haven't done a really good job of keeping my mind at peace, could you please answer my question i would really be happy with the reply, thank you very much, Jack.
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that this spot could be related to a viral sexually transmitted infection. T his can either be caused by herpes or human papillomavirus. Since you have had this lesion for some time now, we recommend that you have it examined by your doctor to determine if this is indeed a sexually transmitted infection. Thank you for consulting

Related Q&A

Q: Are you able to look at a photo of my friends lower body - and tell me if you see any worrying skin areas - such as e...

Q: I fave a few small blood blister type bumps on the edge of the head of my penis. Can't figure out what it is called. ...

Q: Hi. I am a 56 yr old female. I went to the doctor because I was having a little discharge, no noticeable odor, (to me...

Q: I have a red patch beneath the penile head under the foreskin, and there is a red spot at the lower end of the penile...

Q: Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and I have been in a relationship for 7 years. I had an sti test at the start of the...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon