Doctor says my hepatitis is in quantitation with the hcv

Patient

Q: Doctor says my hepatitis is in quantitation with the hcv level not detected and I'm pregnant is it possible my baby can be born with hepatitis?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Usually, mother to fetus transmission of hepatitis C is possible when HCV RNA is detectable in mother's serum and the possibility may increase with higher levels like more than 10 lakhs copies/ml.
As HCV levels not detected in your case, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
To come to one conclusion, after birth baby should be tested for HCV RNA at 2 and 6 months, and again at 18 to 24 months along with testing for serum anti-HCV antibodies.

Take care