Doctor switched me to concerta from adderral and won't switch me back

Patient

Q: I am 35 years old and have been taking adderall since I was twenty from my same family doctor. A few years ago I had an MRI done and got put on Norco for pain by another doctor after the MRI revealed a bulging disc in my neck and back. My family doctor was well aware of this as we talked about it every six months for my visits. In January I decided that I was just going to tolerate the pain from the disc and stop taking the pain medicine. Worried about bad withdrawals I went to a two day detox clinic that really helped. I ended up with very little withdrawal symptoms. A few week later I had my six month visit with my doctor an told him about it and he immidiately stopped my prescription for adderral. What gives? He instead gave me Concerta which does not help me at all. What should I do to get my prescription of adderral back? Change my family doctor and explain to them the situation so that they could write it for me? I need this prescription for my work. I have never abbused it nor does my current doctor think that I have. I have asked him to please switch me back and he won't. Any advice would be great. Thanks, Jef

Doctor