Does a Blood Test show Pregnancy?

Patient

Q: Does the blood test you take in a physical show if you are pregnant or not?

Doctor

A:   Yes, there is a blood test for pregnancy. There are two types of blood tests to detect pregnancy. A quantitative test which measures the exact amount of hCG in the blood and a qualitative test that verifies if you are pregnant or not. A blood test is useful because it can diagnose pregnancy earlier than a urine pregnancy test and can also help the family doctor in diagnosing and tracking certain problems in pregnancy. Hope this helps, take care.