Does a cold sore scar still carry the virus?

Patient

Q: I have HSV-1. I had a cold sore in August in a new location by the side of my mouth. After weeks of dealing with it, the scab finally fell off, but I was left with a bright pink area where the outbreak was located.

While I understand that cold sores usually don't leave scars, this one has been around for 7 months. Now, it has faded slightly over time. Due to the fact that I have a scar from HSV-1, does the scar still carry the virus and is the scar highly contagious?

I would hate to pass this virus on to anyone that I am dating. I have refrained from kissing any of my dates over the last few months in fear of spreading the virus.

Doctor