Does a local anaesthetic last two days?

Patient : I had a small operation two days ago to remove a sebaceous gland from under my arm, axilla. I had gotten inflamed and so on. Anyway he put me under for the operation but also gave me a local anaesthetic for pain. It is 2 days later and my triceps down to elbow is still numb. Now is it normal for a local to last this long?
Doctor :   Local anesthetics last from a few minutes to a few hours. I do not think the local anesthetic is the cause of your numbn ess. It is more likely that you suffered an injury during the surgery to the nerve responsible for sensation of the skin over the triceps. You should speak with your surgeon further about this. The numbness may be temporary or permanent.