Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Does a one shot debilities shot exist

Does a one shot debilities shot exist

Patient: Hi!James Mantonya, I am a missionary here in the amazon and a few months ago the national news here reported that the USA developed a one shot cure for diabetes type 1 and 2, is this true and where can i get a shot.

Doctor: I am glad to know that you are so updated with research in diabetes. Firstly there is no cure as such for diabetes. Inst ead the disease is managed with varying levels of success through drugs and life style changes, Including diet, Weight loss and regular exercise. What you heard is a research study done on mice with fibroblast growth factor protein which showed better control of sugar levels in blood and no side effects for 2 days now they are planning human trails which is yet to be done.