Does Copd Always Lead to Lung Cancer

Patient : Does copd always lead to lung cancer? are headaches caused from copd? can you get back and shoulder pain from copd? what can i do for the pain in the chest and back and shoulders
Doctor :   Hello, I understand your worry about COPD and lung cancer. COPD does not always lead to lung cancer. However the chances of developing cancer in the lungs may increase if the cause of the COPD was smoking. As you know, smoking is very related not only to lung cancer but to any other cancer in the body. In people that have developed COPD due to smoking, the concern for lung cancer raises. On the other hand people with lung cancer due to any other reason besides smoking could develop COPD as well, but not always. I hope I cleared your doubt.