Ask The Doctor > Sex > Are handjobs good or bad for your health?

Are handjobs good or bad for your health?

Patient: I am a 22 year old male who has been masturbating since the age of 17. I need to know whether it is good or bad for my health, and I need to know whether it will cause any problems when I become sexually active. I am really worried if you could please clarify.

Symptoms:  Low erection and sexual desire

Doctor: You have to understand that anything in excess is bad, so if you are masturbating 2-3 times a day then I would reduce the number. Excess masturbation may cause lethargy, weakness and decreased concentration. Many people develop sexual dysfunctions as your mind would mostly remain preoccupied with sexual intentions and can harm play with your psyche.

Masturbation again is completely healthy, as long as it is done in moderation.