Does fludrocortisone need to use for lifelong for treatment of Cerebral salt wasting ?

Patient : Hallow Sir, My father suffered seberaconoids heamorrhage. With aneurysomal cliping he getting well but for undiagnosized cerebral salt wasting(CSW) his condition getting worse due to electrolytes imbalance. Doctor prescribed him fludrocortisone (Florinef)0.2mg daily. His conditon getting stable. But his BP persistencly raised. How long he need to take this medicine ? Does it a life long medicine to take ? Please help me.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: My father had a series of strokes and is bleeding on both sides of the brain. He is somewhat aware but cant talk or ...

Q: My mom is 77 years old. She is 130 pounds and 5 ft 2 ins tall. She leads an active life. She is on medication for ...

Q: I was wondering if you'd be able to tell if it is more likely that my grandfather suffered from a seizure or stroke? ...

Q: Did what happened to me in my symptoms mean I had a stroke or a migraine headache?

Q: I had a stroke in May 2015. I have multiple issues. 1: my hand "fell asleep" and is not improving as is the...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon