Ask The Doctor > Pending > Does fludrocortisone need to use for lifelong for treatment of Cerebral salt wasting ?

Does fludrocortisone need to use for lifelong for treatment of Cerebral salt wasting ?

Patient: Hallow Sir,My father suffered seberaconoids heamorrhage. With aneurysomal cliping he getting well but for undiagnosized cerebral salt wasting(CSW) his condition getting worse due to electrolytes imbalance.Doctor prescribed him fludrocortisone (Florinef)0.2mg daily. His conditon getting stable. But his BP persistencly raised. How long he need to take this medicine ? Does it a life long medicine to take ?Please help me.

Doctor: