Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Does going to the gym enhance aging?

Does going to the gym enhance aging?

Patient: Iam 20 years old, height 5 feet 6 inches, weighing 7o kilograms and i want to go to gym to acquire a good body shape, does this lead to aged features in my face.i have no medical complaints.i”ll be waiting for your anwer eagerly

Doctor: Factors that increase the rate of visible signs of aging include UV ray exposure and smoking.  The natural process of ag ging also involves loss of bone structure and skin elasticity.  The rate you loose this at is determined by your genetics.Working out should not increase the aging process an in fact many studies report benefits to skin tone and skin health with exercise.  I encourage you to pursue your exercise goals without hesitation.