Does insufficient oxygen due to exercise induced asthma cause contractions or spasms?

Q: Can the lack of oxygen from exercise induced asthma and its accompanying already-diminished air intake cause contractions or contraction-like uterine spasms in non-pregnant women?

This happens to me and another woman I know with asthma, brought on by very strenuous exercise. I don't have kids so I don't know what contractions feel like, but the pain feels very similar to menstrual cramps, except much more intense, to the point where I have to stop training. That pain comes in waves, and it also feels like my insides are just shutting down and I feel a lot of tightness and pressure. One time, I had spotting afterwards, which made me think they might be contractions or similar. Thanks for any help.